Software for mixing & burning cd's

H

hodad

Does anyone know of software for mixing and burning cd's within the same program?

Thanks in advance...

-Hodad

What do you mean?

I don't think what I understand in your post is possible... As you may not know when you burn a CD, the computer is quite busy and doing any other kind of mixing or operation over that wouldn't work correctly.

Maybe you can explain exactly what you want to achieve?

What I want to be able to do is to mix various mp3 songs on my computer and create/burn a cd from the mix, real time, in a one step process.

Any suggestions are welcome...thanks.

-Hodad

That's not possible.

Burning a CD is one thing, and mixing files together is another.
Sorry, but I guess it'll help you if I tell you right away. You surely can find ways to make your things in two or three steps rather than one.

Post any question

I suppose you might be able to use acid for that (not live though). Save all the tracks as files, import them into acid and adjust the speeds. use the volume envelopes to crossfade between songs.
I don't really know why you would want to do such a thing, seems kind of like cheating if you ask me. I'm pretty sure that acid supports cd burning also but I've never used it. I prefer Nero Burning ROM, still the best cd burning program ever.

Hmmm,

can you expand on your question?
It seems like you are asking if u can mix MP3's live with a software program and at the same time u are mixing these MP3's, its burning it to a CD-R at the same time!!!

If so, that's pretty much impossible, unless you have an external home-audio cd-burner like a phillips or sony, in which u would use your line out on your sound card, to the input on your home-audio cd recorder and record live, but I don't even know if that's possible.

CD Burning...

yea, that will work (using a non-computer cd r)

Back