serato vinyl and virtual dj?

D

DeeJay Anton

will a serato scratch time coded vinyl work with virtual dj?
i just bought the vinyl from guitar center for $10 and tried using it with a demo version of virtual dj. it kinda recognizes it, like the virtual vinyl will rotate the same speed as the time coded vinyl but when i put music on it, it will slow down and become very choppy like go in and out or stuttering. when i try to configure it, it wont give me the 100% quality green light. any help please!!!
i've noticed that no one has been replying to any of my questions i have been asking. i dont know why.

I don't know... that could be why you're not getting answers as well. AFAIK, these time coded vinyls are meant to work with their system and are not universally programed... meaning you can't use torq with serato records, etc. and mix and match your own stuff. Some of it WILL interchange, but best to just stick with what the engineers had in mind and use all the same manufacturer.

You don't want it to fail you when playing live! Nightmare!!
Good luck.

The answer to your question is Yes; however, the timecoded vinyl that is meant to be used with SSL will only have limited capabilites when used with virtual. So there is nothing wrong with your configuration, it is doing exactly what is supposed to.

dme is part on... in the settings it should ask if you want to use SSL tcv (depending on what version you are using) however it might only ask that if you have the SSL SL-1 box. check out virtualdj.com forum.. they will have all the answers there.

virtual vinyl serato

hi new here!!! i personally find the virtual vinyl just as good as serato the interface boxes them selves work on a digital input sound seratos is actually more sensative but providing the noise on the time coded vinyl is the same then theres no reason why the interface box shouldnt pick up the signal...... now can any one help me ive played around with serato alot and played with virtual vinyl alot but i was wonderin if i can use the virtual vinyl interface box with the serato program??

Back