Serato Control Vinyl Warping

dj_owl

Hey

So I recently bought a new setup from Kijiji and the control vinyl was pretty dinged up. I noticed that side B seemed to catch and if I pushed on the middle of the vinyl I could see that it was bowled and would push down. If I used side A the needle would jump when scratching because the edges were warped upwards.

I went and replaced the Vinyl and even brought the bad vinyl in and showed the guy at the store. He claimed that its supposed to be bowled because one side is a "Slick side" and the other is meant to have better grip. When I tried the new vinyl it was the same and very slick on side A but the needle still jumps because of how much it is warped around the edge.

Can anyone confirm / deny if what he is saying is correct? I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

Also I bought performance series black vinyl.

Thanks!

Without question he is wrong. Vinyl is flat for a reason . If it's not you have the problems you've experienced . It becomes unusable and worthless.

Demand flat vinyl otherwise the best decks, the sturdiest table, the slickest slip mats and the best tracking needles count for nothing.

They exchanged it and the new ones are in much better shape. Pretty stoked on how much better these are.

Thanks for all your help man.

Back