Recording Vinyl to Digital; bpm fluctuation

scotthess

I've started using TRACTOR and I'm recording my vinyls to digital. I've noticed that there's a lot of fluctuation in my bpm's from SOME of my vinyls, not all of them. I've looked at some of the same tracks from cds and there's no fluctuation. I'm using proper 1200's, I also tried it on a Vestax. I've tried various adjustments of the weight on the needles, but there's still a lot of fluctuation from certain records. Could this be a flaw in the pressings themselves?

your best be with fs is to download the tunes!!

get a p2p loader!! you wont get done for it cos you got the vinyl so you already bought the product!!

unless its like rare groves and stuff which you cant get hold of,

but to be fair, the prssinds shouldnt be the problem, to test that, i take it you got a program with a metronome on it!

set it running and test it!!

mind you!! on fs, when your using the 3mps with the coded vinyl it does fluctuate a bit, its not a hell of alot, but on mine it does!! unless you just use the onboard play function!! i think its just summit to do with the signal and pick up,

there has been no end of glitches with the fs product, i got 2.6 and most have been sorted out since v2, but with the additional features, there are a few new ones which have arrose!!

Back