recording from traktor

S

samelhspa

easy peoples

sorry if this has been asked before but..
ive just got my hands on a copy of traktor dj 2.
ive actually found it to be good fun and have got the hang of most features.
but i want to record my mix to wav or mp3 for cd burning. ive noticed that traktor has an in built recording function but it doesnt seem to be any good.
ive been recording into sony sound forge by setting my sound card to record from the stereo mixer. this is all good but when i play back my mix there is a horrible crackling / popping noise. it isnt constant, and seems to be more prominent when there is two tracks playing at the same time (which is annoying because im mixing drum n bass and most of my mixes are double drops and lengthy vocal mixes).

does anyone know what this could be?
or does anyone know of a better way to record a traktor mix?
any help would be much appreciated (im losing sleep) ;-)
many thanks
sam

Hello!
First, i hope that you are using that "copy" of traktor just to test it and not to actually use in a commercial way.

in what comes to your question:
Traktor comes with a built-in recording tool. depending on the version you are working with (2 or 2.6) before your start your session press record. All your moves will be recorded by traktor. When you are finished, stop the recording. Now you can save the recording - this will only save the INs OUTs, Cross Fades and Playlist into a specific file for that mix be able to be played again within Traktor.

If you click on Write, a menu will appear: you only have to decide if you want the whole session in just one file or if you want to divide it into several tracks and tell traktor where you want to save it. Traktor only saves into aiff or Wav format, for compression reasons. You then can use something like Wavepad to transform it into a MP3.

Hope this helps.
cheers,
nanospeed

it probably gets distorted in the way that you are doing it in to sound forge cos of the lack of ram!! 512 is recomended really!! and running 2 ram sucking programs will cause this!!

Back