Recording my mix to a PC (and then burn it to CD)

master wong

Hey all, I am getting ready to record my first mix set on to a PC. But i'm not sure which softwares to use or what cords I will need. I have a pioneer cdj (not the 100s, 200s, 800s, or 1000s). What I have is a dual cdj in one (very basic) with one channel (i know.....it sucks). But I am very comfortable with the equipment and have gotten praises from other Dj's that the music I play sounds good despite such crappy equipment. So if any of you DJs/producers can give me a name of the software as well as the inputs/outputs I will need to make my first cd mix happen, drop me a line. I do not want a link to a whole bunch of softwares, I just need maybe 1 or 2 names of the software and where I can get'em. I am willing to pay some $$ if it needs to be purchased. Let me know, and thanks in advance for your help.

my first cheapo CD was done by using a 3.5mm (1/8in) to RCA Y cable from mixer aux RCAs to the mic jack on my laptop, and I used ROXIO software to record the mix. It's got a basic sound editor and such, lets you set the line in recording level and so forth and turned out a pretty decent burn to CD with adequate song breaks that I cued in. Not too shab for my first CD burn.
--I used to use mini-discs and then transfer them. (don't even ask about the 4 track, or reel to reel) :D

olskule has it right...

go to radio shack and get either a straight male to male... or y to male and plug it into the LINE or audio IN onto your computer laptop.
then get one of the following software to record...

audacity/adobeaudition/cooleditpro/soundforge ....

record, edit.. save as MP3 burn to disc.

Back