really low budget....

I

iceman3

im lookin 2 get into djin but i have a low budget.....ill prob wanna do cds cuz im poor as hell i have about a 300-400 dollar budget

$300-$400 for everything? Good luck.

I dont really want to be harsh, but in this hobby you get out of your equipment what you pay for it. Do you plan on like being a mobile DJ or what?

The worst CD table that I would suggest is the Numark Axis 9, and that goes for about $350 new, and I would not recommend buying a used CD table. They are very different from record tables, and dont do as well secondhand. CD tables are more expensive too.

As for a mixer, you cant get a decent one for less than $300 IMO.

Can you not wait a little while to get more money?

Please read this

My suggestion is think long and hard about this. Do you really want to do this? If you do, im sorry but you're going to have to spend some dough. Trust me, all of us have been in this situation. I was 14 when I got my first stuff, and I had to save for 2 years because I was to young to work. I didnt eat lunch at school for years and picked up pennies off the ground. I didnt buy anything for months! It was the only thing I wanted to do though, so I never stopped.

don't let the mean old DJ Deflation get you down.

spend $400 on a used laptop, download some free DJ software or steal a copy online, and then mix your mp3's. you'll never have to buy any more gear or music.

simple, huh?

what about parties........is that what they do on radio mixshows like baka boys

iceman3 said:
what about parties........is that what they do on radio mixshows like baka boys

laptop is fine for parties. a lot more portable than decks, mixer, and records.

i dunno what the Baka Boys use in their studio, but this pic off their site shows a Rane mixer & technics turntables.

BB4_sm.jpg

cost? approx. $1300.00

so i could still learn the basics of mixing but when i have a chance 2 get a set of turntables ill b ready 2 go right

iceman3 said:
so i could still learn the basics of mixing but when i have a chance 2 get a set of turntables ill b ready 2 go right

no, DJ'ing off a laptop is about as similar to using turntables as playing a piano is to a guitar.

if you want to learn to cut & mix like a hiphop DJ then you will need good turntables (technics) and a good scratch mixer. get ready to spend between $900 - $1400.

$300-400 isn't gonna get you into the hiphop turntable game.

catnap said:

no, DJ'ing off a laptop is about as similar to using turntables as playing a piano is to a guitar.

if you want to learn to cut & mix like a hiphop DJ then you will need good turntables (technics) and a good scratch mixer. get ready to spend between $900 - $1400.

$300-400 isn't gonna get you into the hiphop turntable game.

this guy doesnt know what hes talking about i spent around 500 something for my setup and its perfect. It can teach you everything you need to know and then some aka scratching, mixing, juggling. Great price and it can hold you learning curve for a few years maybe longer.

numark tt200's - $169 ish maybe cheaper for 1 (i think they have a better feel than the technics 1200's)

vestax pmc 05 - less that 200 on ebay (quite possibly the best budget mixer out today)

shure m25's carts and stylus - 50ish for a set (best noob needles you can buy and if you break one its only like 15$ for a new one)

so lets do the math 169+169+200+50 = 588
(2 turntables, mixer, and set of needles)

you could just buy one table and a mixer and download beats to skratch too. Alot of people are doing that now a days. This is just a pure skratch setup. If you want to learn to mix your going to need 2 turntables.

This is the best setup for your buck. I have this exact setup and I have no problems with it what so ever. Juggle, skratch, mix this setup has can do it all. You dont need to spend 900-1400 to get into the game. That guy is smoking rocks.

lol damn I can't believe TT-200's are so cheap now. But take the above dude's advice with a grain of salt. When you get really into everything it's like you have a bug where you just want to keep buying better and better ****.

I started Djing with the numark "battle pak" which was around 420 and that thing was a pile of crap (I perfected my "push off" method) but it was good enough to get me interested and eager to get do more. But, as I used them more and more I began to see the limitations of my equipment so I bought the tried and truest, 1200s. I don't regret buying the cheaper equipment, but yeah I did spend more money. It's just one of the decisions you got to make, and also know that you will spend a lot of money. good luck man

if i were you id look at getting the one deck an mixer for the price you got!! even second hand 1200/1210s if you can as they will give you more pound for pound!! and to be fair, once you get hold of another, you will be able to sell em for probably a better price than you got em for!! if you shop around!!

and yes!! the vestax 05 is cracking!! and there are deals going!!

the only set back will be buying vinyl if your budget is low!! thats where i can see why you might want to go for cd decks, but to be honest!! for what youve got you will only get a pile of wank for the notes you got to spend on em!! so id just slowly get to work on the record collection!!

few beats and a scratch record to start the ball rolling!! and get your mp3/minidisc at the ready for some heavy duty scratchathons!!

iv never been a fan of cdj stuff personally, so i couldnt advise whats crap between crap??

happy hunting!!

kuttzilla said:

this guy doesnt know what hes talking about i spent around 500 something for my setup and its perfect. It can teach you everything you need to know and then some aka scratching, mixing, juggling. Great price and it can hold you learning curve for a few years maybe longer.

numark tt200's - $169 ish maybe cheaper for 1 (i think they have a better feel than the technics 1200's)

vestax pmc 05 - less that 200 on ebay (quite possibly the best budget mixer out today)

shure m25's carts and stylus - 50ish for a set (best noob needles you can buy and if you break one its only like 15$ for a new one)

you could just buy one table and a mixer and download beats to skratch too. Alot of people are doing that now a days. This is just a pure skratch setup. If you want to learn to mix your going to need 2 turntables.

This is the best setup for your buck. I have this exact setup and I have no problems with it what so ever. Juggle, skratch, mix this setup has can do it all. You dont need to spend 900-1400 to get into the game. That guy is smoking rocks.

correct me if i'm wrong, but how would onie juggle using only one deck?

kuttzilla said:

correct me if i'm wrong, but how would one juggle using only one deck?

save up to get the second at a later date!! getting good equiptment does make a big difference!! so many people go down the route of affordably ok!! and only get dissapointed!! which in my eyes would be a waste of money!!

not everyone likes djing immediately so most people do a trial period. The tt200's give you plent of room to grow into aka juggling skratch etc. Not to mention its dirt cheap.

If you want to get a little more serious, the tt200's have a decent re sale value on ebay. Just add a few hundred more to that, and you got yourself a set of 1200's.

I know plenty of people who went out and got 1200's and top of the line mixers only to sell it a year later for way less for what they bought it for. Thats a waste a money.

Make sure your serious about dj-ing before you go out and spend a boat load of cash. Investing in some decent amateur setup is always a good idea if you just want to try it out. Just look into it and make sure what you buy can be re sold for a decent price. Thats how you do things the smart way.

and theres no need for all those damn exclamation marks farmski......

not everyone likes djing immediately so most people do a trial period. The tt200's give you plent of room to grow into aka juggling skratch etc. Not to mention its dirt cheap.

If you want to get a little more serious, the tt200's have a decent re sale value on ebay. Just add a few hundred more to that, and you got yourself a set of 1200's.

I know plenty of people who went out and got 1200's and top of the line mixers only to sell it a year later for way less for what they bought it for. Thats a waste a money.

Make sure your serious about dj-ing before you go out and spend a boat load of cash. Investing in some decent amateur setup is always a good idea if you just want to try it out. Just look into it and make sure what you buy can be re sold for a decent price. Thats how you do things the smart way.

and theres no need for all those damn exclamation marks farmski......

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is!! !marks are a nessesity!!lol!!!!!

ok, fair point.

to be honest though, you can get a second hand pair of 120/1210 for a very reasonable price, if you dont want to carry on a year down the line then you will be able to sell them for the same price (pretty much) as you got them for, if not more, i made a shed load back when i started buying decks, i always bout 1200s, 1 pair for 350, surviced them myself, look up on the internet then flog em for 450 a year later!!

next pair 475, brushed em up to look like new 6 months down the line and got 550 for em, 3 sets of decks and 3 years down the line, id made 300 notes from just re selling and got a brand new pair of 1200s which i still use now nearly 9 years later, and i know i could sell them, even though i wont, for about 400+ notes cos they are still in mint condition!! thats how you do it and technics are the only decks which will hold a good value!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

Back