Quick Question

J

jason176

I am sure you have heard this same question a million times but I need help picking a cartridge. I only plan on doing sampling and some light scratching. I have been looking at needledoctor.com for a cartridge and so far I am contemplating either a Shure M97xE or a Stanton 680. Any advice on which one or even if these are good needles will be greatly appreciated. I currently have an old shure rxt6 which I am not very happy with the fidelity on so I was considering buying a hi fidelity cartridge for sampling and using my old cartridge for sampling.Or should I just buy a cartridge that has good fidelity and can handle scratching too. Any and all help in the matter will ge appreciated.

If your going for best sound quality check out the Dynavector DRT-XV1S MC reference cartridge. I dont recommend it for scratching though.

f_dynavector_xv1s.jpg

shure m25c cheap great needle with good sound quality i do some sampling my self and ive had no problems with this needle. It also makes for a great skratch needle.

Thanks deflation but that dynavector is a bit out of my price range. I was thinking a bit more of a budget decent fidelety needle that maybe can handle scratching. Kutzilla, thanks for the info as well, but I am not sure if I should go that cheap or not. I figured I would end up shelling out around $100 on this purchase. Any opinions?

if your looking for something a little better check out the shure series above the m25c's shures

honestly you cant go wrong with shures

Check out the m44g's. Great sound quality and can also hold up pretty well in scratching. Or you could always try ortofon.

Thanks for all the replies I think that I am going to try the shure m35s. I think that it will work out pretty good for what I want. I will admit I have been thinking about getting a new cartridge for a while but I was suprised when I found the selection that was still available, it is almost overwhelming.

shure
white labels, perfect for sampling and lite scratching

Back