Push 2 w/ Novation Launch Control XL for DJ & Production

FORMRiGHT_

Hey fam... I've recently taken a committed step into production and invested in the Push 2 with suite 10. I'm loving it obviously. Learning a fair amount thus far through Vespers/warp academy.

After a couple weeks of getting oriented I decided to bust out my Traktor s2 and sat it beside my new MBP and the push 2. All of a sudden the s2 looked ridiculous. So bulky. This led me toward looking into travel friendly, compact and potentiating options for Ableton based Dj'ing/mix making and production. Less bulk to travel with, compact set up when in use, more creative options and full EQ/volume adjustment/effects options... So now I own a Novation Launch Control XL. Though I think i will still use Traktor to analyze files.

I'm doing an alright job of compiling random videos and links that will hopefully amalgamate into enough knowledge to make this idea come true. But I would LOVE some help in getting my head on straight with these tools. I cannot for the life of me find PROPER dj'ing with ableton tutorials. I would even pay for some if I knew of more online outlets.

A couple major questions I do have though:

Can on the fly segment loops be achieved on one or even two tracks at once? Or would this require pre arranged audio clips that would be navigated to at the right time in the mix? For example, between the interlude of one song and intro to another, I may want to have an 8 second section repeat once over between tracks.

Can In mix bpm's be altered on tracks or do I have to mix with BPM friendly songs only? When I dj I actually hardly ever use bpm as a a basis for decision making... bpm's only sometimes coordinate as an added bonus.

Back