Problem with turntable output

mrMOE

I just bought a turntable, a small mixer, and an MPC 1000, all strictly for making beats. The mixer i bought is an Alesis Multimix 8. Since im just sampling, i bought a Stanton t.60. I bought a RCA cable for my turntable which on the other end converts it to a 1/4 so i can plug it directly to my mixer. When i play records, the output it very low, i need to turn the gain up all the wai on the mixer in order to hear anything, and when i do that, something is wrong with the audio. is sounds as though there is reverb on it. But when i play sounds from the mpc, it is fine and sounds normal.

I also tried hooking up the turntable directly to my speakers. I had to turn the volume all the way up, but when i did it sounded normal (like there is no reverb on it)

How can i get rid of the reverb sound coming from my turntable??

You need a dj mixer with phono inputs. Your mixer only has line inputs.
Phono outs are lower in volume than line outs, so you need something(like a dj mixer or pre-amp) to beef up the signal before going into the Alesis.

apparently I'm not allowed to post pics or links here, but copy/paste this. hope it works.

img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/259f60e839.jpg

Last edited:
my setup is similar to that, i had a pic of it but it wont let me post it ...

With the Phono Preamp, will it make the sound of the records normal instead of having that reverb sound to it ?

Back