Problem with my phono in

davmarti

Everytime I plug my turntable into my phono line of the mixer (Numark CM200) it sounds distorted. When I plug it into the line in it sounds normal but much lower then my cdx's sound does anyone know what's the problem it's a cheap Aiwa turntable. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

knowing the turntable model would help us out here. i'm going to take a wild guess anyway - your turntable already has a built in phono preamp, so you are trying to run a line level signal through your mixers phono preamp. if you don't have the manual for your turntable to verify this, find out online. - jeff h

It hooked straight up to the phono line on my stereo so I guess it has a built in pre-amp so what's the problem?

Please can anyone help? The turntable has a built in pre amp why does it sound lower then my cd players I really need to know the answer since I'm trying to convert my vinyl to cd using a line in on my mp3 player. Please any help?

sounds like the line from the deck if duff or there is an internal problem with the deck, cd decks have a better pre amp in, thats why a line in will be quieter than the phono line,

link the deck up direct to the amp and see if it works that way, record decks are supposed to be linked direct to an amp, if it doesnt work that way then the deck is the problem,

Back