Is this a problem??

drdrevid

Right now I have a SL-1200 hooked up to a Denon DN-X100 mixer. I get sound and everything, but I noticed that I'm getting very low dB readings on my mixer. For example, I'm playing real bassy hip hop tracks on my turntable and the highest dB reading I'm getting is -20dB. I have my channel gain on highest and master gain on highest. I even tried turning my lows,highs,and mid knobs all the way and I don't get a reading above -10dB.

Also, I'm using a Shure M44-7 needle with a stanton headshell if that makes any difference.

and also theres a humming sound while i play my vinyl. i have the turntable ground going into the mixer which doesnt seem to help. I still have to set the volume/gain up to the max to really hear anything but then i also get a humming sound which sucks.

and i also noticed my power cable on the mixer only has two prongs that go into the electrical outlet. theres no third ground prong which i find very weird

help please!!!!

Last edited:
yes most definetly a problem somewhere, sounds stupid but are you sure your mixer is set to recieve phono not line signal?

Peruse said:
yes most definetly a problem somewhere, sounds stupid but are you sure your mixer is set to recieve phono not line signal?

no actually that wasn't stupid at all. i was the stupid one who had it on line and not phono. dood thanks so much for helpin man i was startin to trip out

problem solved:victory:

been done so many times bro, especially if you have line/phono swithches on the back of your mixer you just forget about em

Back