PRessing own vinyls

N

Nico

Can someone tell me how i can press my own records. Particualrly battle records.

Like do i like save tracks samples in order to a Cd then pass it to whoever then he presses it?

CAn someone tell me the process and explain . Also where can i do it.

i live in singapore so i think i have to do it through online stores or something.

help~

there are a few ways to go about it!!

dub plates, they will wear out real quick but its cheap if you can find someone with a dubplate cutter!! quality is poorer than vinyl which is propely cut!!

vinyl is a bloody expensive this tho get done, firstly you will have to buy bulk!! simply to make things more cost effective!!! its not the actual records which cost the money but the plate which is used to press them, its made of nickle and cut from a silver plate!! so you will be looking at probably a minimum of £1000 + for an order!! and it would probably be best to get in the reagion of 1000 odd coppys done to sell to retail outlets!!

you do get to keep the stamping plate in most cases for future cuts of the same vinyl!!

best bet would be to look up vinyl pressing plants and see where would give you the best deal!! they would suggest the best ways to forward the origianal music to cut!! probably cd in wav!! and all pre mastered!!

there are a few ways to go about it!!

dub plates, they will wear out real quick but its cheap if you can find someone with a dubplate cutter!! quality is poorer than vinyl which is propely cut!!

vinyl is a bloody expensive this tho get done, firstly you will have to buy bulk!! simply to make things more cost effective!!! its not the actual records which cost the money but the plate which is used to press them, its made of nickle and cut from a silver plate!! so you will be looking at probably a minimum of £1000 + for an order!! and it would probably be best to get in the region of 1000 odd coppys done to sell to retail outlets!!

you do get to keep the stamping plate in most cases for future cuts of the same vinyl!!

best bet would be to look up vinyl pressing plants and see where would give you the best deal!! they would suggest the best ways to forward the origianal music to cut!! probably cd in wav!! and all pre mastered!!

...or....

you could go for the very cheap option:

http://www.vinylgrabber.com

this particular service is located in france (C2C use this guy for their routines / records in fact), and hes very cheap!

this is NOT a dubplate...its better.

there are some blokes in london doing this too, but im not sure of how to get hold of them, but ill link you up when i find out!

if you really wanna get some **** pressed up on a more serious level, have a look at:

http://www.gzcd.cz/

also, a quick note for ya, if you really wanna get ya own vinyl done....do it before 2008, cos thats when the plant that produces the chemical to make vinyl plastic finishes
its contract forever!!

that applies to VINYL as a whole (rubber gloves, records etc)....this doesnt mean that records are finished btw, just vinyl records....

anyway, theres some sh!t to get going with!

pz

vinyl causes harsh dermatitis!! and the hand cleaner which you get issued with doesnt help much, even though its supposed to work!

mista ed said:
[B

also, a quick note for ya, if you really wanna get ya own vinyl done....do it before 2008, cos thats when the plant that produces the chemical to make vinyl plastic finishes its contract forever!!

that applies to VINYL as a whole (rubber gloves, records etc)....this doesnt mean that records are finished btw, just vinyl records....

pz [/B]

what no vinyl after 2008!!

i thought all records were made out of vinyl?? i must be wrong

I thought thered be a few pressing places around asia etc.

Maybe the new material they'll use will be cheaper hehe. Btw Farmski maybe you should look into using more full stops rather than exclamation points!!!!!!!!

kuttzilla said:

what no vinyl after 2008!!

i thought all records were made out of vinyl?? i must be wrong

they are made out of vinyl...thats what im saying!! lol

no more after 2008....

some of you may remember the "save vinyl" campaign from yester-ear, well, it was saved - until 2008!

PatG said:
Maybe the new material they'll use will be cheaper hehe.

indeed!

PatG said:
Farmski maybe you should look into using more full stops rather than exclamation points!!!!!!!!

hahahahaha

i said the same thing the other day...

sorry i meant...

i said the same thing the other day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

pz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeh!!!!!.........but if i did that,,,,,,all my messges will look like this!!!!!!>>>>>>........

AND THATS NO GOD IS IT???????!!!!!!!!!!.........

Peace V!!!!!!!......

Why dont you try using question marks and see what ahppens then. Just do it for a day or to and see what happens :p

Back