portable turntable scratch on the road!

Im pretty sure the main point of that is to take with you to stores and stuff, so you can sample stuff there. Not really for scratching or mixing.

I mean, you can probably do those things, but I personally would not. But al lthe power to ya.

It does look pretty darn cool. I wish I had some record stores to try it out with.

top of the range technics, vestax, numark and stanton tables will allow you to scratch... maybe citronic? but probably nothing else.

to be fair, the htfr website states that it has features of the big boy turntables
It has all the features that you would expect from a conventional dj turntable like +/- 10% pitch control, a high quality slipmat for scratchability, and the ability to play records of all sizes (7, 10 and 12") at 33, 45 or 78rpm
i can see how this would be misleading. this turntable is in no way designed to be used as portable dj equipment to play to an audience. great for thrift stores to listen to tracks and maybe for sitting around in someones room to preview tracks, but that's about it. portability is the reason anvil and odyssey make cases to transport quality equipment and have it arrive in one piece. - jeff h

Probably as good as any Numark table for scratching. Ok, that was a cheap shot. Sorry.

im just gonna get my self numark v.6 battle package with head phones 2 tables and a mixer for 230$

is that any good for a starter

thawater said:
im just gonna get my self numark v.6 battle package with head phones 2 tables and a mixer for 230$

is that any good for a starter

or you could take that $230 and throw it off a cliff.

Or for $230 I'll build you a set of cardboard turntables with a foam mixer and paper headphones that will work just as well as the Numarks.

igh coo

i aint really tryna nerve up over some clowns all i asked was a simple question and asked for some suggestions

but i see we wanna play follow the leader and copy off the next man

ight it hasnt been real 1

be easy nobody's clowning you, I was making fun of the package. It was basically a no, but forget what we said though, get your Numark package and have fun.

thawater said:
igh coo

i aint really tryna nerve up over some clowns all i asked was a simple question and asked for some suggestions

but i see we wanna play follow the leader and copy off the next man

ight it hasnt been real 1

No one was making fun of you, just chill out. Your cool. I personally thought you were joking, which is why i made a joke. If you ran a search on here, you would see that those tables arnt exactly good for much if anything.

igh no doubt like i said i dont nerve up thnx for comments tho i really am not in to djing i make beats and i own a sam ash card where i can purchase $250
more worth of stuff and i dont have to pay till next year so i decided im was gonna get some tabels and i was just curious if they were decent or not
im not tryna use them to battl or nutin liek that just sample on to my mppc and
once and a while mix some records throw in a few scratches

I'm Still trying to get use to this whole Idea, Feel like I'm scratching in 1987 again on my old smurf player. They seem to track pretty good which I'm amazed to say but not sure I'd like to be out scratching just anywhere. Otherwise I'd been playing buckets down on the subway many years ago. But yes if you just want to practice perfect for it.

Back