Pioneer DJM 900 Nexus VS Pioneer DJM 350?

Lord Lav

Is there much difference between the supposed "industry standard" Pioneer DJM 900 Nexus and the Pioneer DJM 350 other than the 900 being a 4 track mixer and the 350 being 2 track?

If you're comfortable using a DJM 350 is it an easy jump moving up to a DJM 900? Obviously when you know how to work one mixer, to some degree you know how to work them all as cross faders work the same as well as the curve (if you're into scratching and so forth like me) but what about all the effects and so forth?

I'm looking to spend the least amount possible whilst still being comfortable walking into any decent club and using their equipment, whilst still feeling comfortable using whatever they have.

I intend on using the DJM with either Pioneers CDJs (probably 850s) or sometimes Vinyl Technic 1210s and to use in conjunction with Serato Scratch Live or Serato Scratch DJ (I have both).

I'm just trying to figure out what to buy. If the DJM 900 is absolutely necessary to be comfortable in most club environments then I'll buy that, but if I can achieve the same level of comfort practising on a DJM 350 then I'd prefer to buy that as it's a lot cheaper.

The Djm 450 is a 2 channel version of the 900. That is a better comparison. Peace be with you......Rob Mixx

Agreed, the 450 is a better match. Although I personally could definitely get by with a 350. I am fairly "simple" in the way I dj and don't really need a lot of extra fx or loop options so I would probably get the 350.

I am not a scratch DJ, but I do believe there are mixers that are way better adapted for scratching (the throw of the faders, etc.) but I suppose none of those would be considered standard in a lot of clubs.

Back