pioneer ddj sr

djbdock

im a dj and i use vinyl with traktor scratch pro 2 with audio 6 and behringer ddm4000 and novation dicer. i was at samash few days ago and there was a guy who had a ddj sr and i ask him how is it and he said he loved it. He used to be a vinyl dj for a long time but he said carrying all the equipment and vinyl warping made him switch to controller. do yall think it worth switching to the ddj sr or stick with traktor and vinyl?

Last edited:
There's a lot of things to point out here. Yes a controller will be able to replace all those pieces you have. But no thing will replace the feel of vinyl. If you love vinyl stick with DVS.

If you use Traktor then you should look at an S2 or S4 as these are made specifically for Traktor. The SR is far better quality but built for Serato.

You could do a damn lot more with an S4 or s4 mark2 than your current set up. But beware that the job we heels on the s4 are horrible for manipulation, and the S4mk2 doesn't even have jogs!!

There's a lot of things to point out here. Yes a controller will be able to replace all those pieces you have. But no thing will replace the feel of vinyl. If you love vinyl stick with DVS.

If you use Traktor then you should look at an S2 or S4 as these are made specifically for Traktor. The SR is far better quality but built for Serato.

You could do a damn lot more with an S4 or s4 mark2 than your current set up. But beware that the job we heels on the s4 are horrible for manipulation, and the S4mk2 doesn't even have jogs!!
I was not gonna sell the vinyl setup or throw it away.I was just gonna buy a controller serato for outdoor. i just dont really like look of the traktor controllers. the reason why i got traktor cause i got the whole setup for a deal of 260 which include audio 6 timecode vinyls and cd's and the program and mixer. I allready had a turntable and the shure's cartridge. if i get the ddjsr i get serato for free

Back