Pioneer Cdj 800 Problem

Viper983

When I am on the first track and I go back to the last track it starts makeing funny noises and lags for 30 secs to a minute. Anyone ever seen this problem. I contacted Pioneer, and they said to bring it to a warrenty center which was cool because it is right by my house, but I just called them and they say they don't deal with PRO DJ stuff so now back to square one and don't really feal like sending it out, speacially since I need it tomarrow and I deffinatly need it for New Years Eve.

I know you're trying to fix your cdj, and i don't know anything about cdjs. But if you do send our your cdj, see how much renting gear costs. it usually isn't overly expensive.
best of luck.

Well, I called pioneer back again, and got a diffrent service station, and there is one like 40 miles away. Well actually there is two more the same distances, so I called them both to see what they both had to say and how long it would take. One said about a week and the other 2 weeks, and they both think it is the laser. The one told me it should be ok for a while but it could get worse, and if he was me, he would wait untill like a month before the warrenty is up and then get it fixed, so I get a new part right before it is up. Maybe I can plan on doing it in a few month and if I am going to play at this bar full time, then plan on renting one or that one weekend or two with out it bring my turntables in or something, just more dinking around with the turntables with hooking them up and weight, plus haven't been buying to many new records latly. My first night is on new years eve and will be doing fri and sat, but the bar owner told me he will keep me if the people are turning up, but other wise he will have to look for someone else. He is honest, I just need to do my best at getting the people in and I will have a good gig going, and then I will look into getting a extra CDJ800 for if I have problems.

i don't know where you live (i'm assuming the U.S.) guitar center rents gear.

btw did anyone get those 70LP hard record cases they were selling for $29.99?

but on the whole bar thing: you're ahead of me in the game with getting a gig in the bar and all. But if you start dj-ing there constantly you might want the owner to check into getting the bar some quality gear (like two cdj 800s, hey maybe you can sell him your refurbished one).
It doesn't sound like its a hassle for you to go there with your gear, but i would be really paranoid about getting my gear ****ed up.

Yea, I am thinking about looking into insurance. The cool thing is the bar is maybe a half of mile maybe a 1/4 mile away from my house. I live in mn, and when it isn't freezeing out we a lot times will just walk up there and home if we go up there to drink.

Viper983 said:
I live in mn, and when it isn't freezeing out we a lot times will just walk up there and home if we go up there to drink.
Minesotta has always struck me as a nice city. I know about the cold weather too, i live in Edmonton ;)

i just realized i said minesotta is a city, i was trying to say the twin cities seem like a nice place to live.

I like it for the most part. I kinda get sick of the cold weather. I think the worse thing I hate about it is getting into the cold car LOL. The snow dosn't bug me as much anymore, usually the roads get plowed good its the other drivers that bug me. Either they drive way to fast or they drive super slow. It also seems like not many people in MN like techno and house or at least people that go to the parties I DJ. I love mixing it and can mix it a lot better then hip hop speacially since I can't scratch real well. I sometimes will start mixing it and into the 3rd song people are like we don't want to hear that stuff. Oh well I guess, maybe someday more people here will like it. I think if they got some radio stations here that would play it people would like it more, but people here never liston to it and never give it a chance. It is a music that has to grow on you.

Back