pioneer 707 vs. rane ttm56

NickB

Hi i'm wandering which mixer to choose out of the 707 and the ttm 56. Im form Australia and the ttm 56 is 500 bucks more than the 707. Is it worth the extra money. Ive heard mixed reports about the 707 mostly posisitve though. Could anyone help me with making the choice.

yo.. if youre working with a limited income, i say you go for the 707. my brother just got one and it is dope. i have a 56 and they have a similar feel. both of them are solid as ****. if i had the chance to do it all over again, id get the 707 cause im kinda hurtin for cash. if i had a decent steady source of income, id get a 56 and be satisfied in knowing it is the last mixer youll ever have to buy.

yeah i think i might have to hit up the 707 coz i wanna buy an mpc 1000 as well and its all going to add up $$$.

The 707's seem dope except some guy at a dj shop i went to said they were made in malaysia and were built quite cheaply and so they may not last. that was the only thing that threw me off from buying one. all the report on this site have been positive though

kind of off-topic here, but did you know that ALL mixer companies now make their mixers in China/Asia....Pioneer, Vestax, and now even A&H?

The only ones that are made in house are Rane and Ecler (well, and smaller companies like Rodec, Dateq etc..)

Pretty surprising if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a 707 and it's super solid and the extra features are sick. go for the 707 you won't be dissappointed i promise that.

Ecler made in the USA???? i thought they were from spain. Thats what i was told.

Thanks for the feedback on the 707, it sounds like it could be a winner, people in this forum seem to loving them so i might give one a shot.

Ecler is made in Spain. Rane is made in the USA. I meant "in house" meaning that their products are made where they are based. Like A&H is based in the UK, but their mixers are now being made in China.

yo im not gunna lie 707 is hot i got it but i had it 4 4months and the left channel just went out i got 2 put the reverse swith on to hear sound if thats not on i cant hear sh!t.i gotta push my fader cap in to hear sound if the reverse switch iz not on cutomer service said my channel wasnt making contact.But those mixers r off the hook

Yeah i went on the pioneer forums a few people had issues with there left channel faders but apart from that everyone was saying they were dope

What type of fader does the 707 have? Optical or magnetic?

Hey NickB, where in Aus are you man? I'm in Sydney.

Hey man i'm from Perth

Umm the pioneer fader is optical i think.

Anyone used this denon mixer ive never seen or heard anything about it ???

ive played on one.. its like a cheap copy of the ttm-56. you can feel the difference in build quality, but you get what you pay for.

id still go for the 707, sorry denon.

i thought the denon seemed to good to be true at that price. the 707 has to be the best mixer in that price bracket.

Ive never heard one bad thing about ttm56 but u have to pay up for those. I guess its like anything ya get what ya pay for.

Topher said:
id still go for the 707, sorry denon.

That's ok, it’s only your personal opinion.

As far as build quality, I feel they are the same and the fact is, you still get more useful features on the X300 for the same price.

Here's what you get over the 707

X300 Advantages:

1. 100% Full EQ Kills (2-way, knob or switches)
2. P&G Crossfader
3. 6-Way H/P Cueing
4. Mic Talkover
5. Mic Effect Loop
6. Main L-R Balance
7. CH L-R Balance
8. Send/Return Dry/Wet contour (for ext. effects)
9. CH Program Reverse

check this out too:
http://www.denondjforums.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=8577

Last edited by a moderator:
what did you get quoted on the 707? was it local or ordered from the states? because local prices are completely insane, like not worth paying at all. if its local $500 AUD difference then id go the 56 because its a better quality mixer but if its a $500 US then id go for the 707. cause you know they're like $450 of our dollars mail ordered from the states. denon doesn't even get a look in. features are useless if the quality isn't there.

Wouldnt u rather have the pioneer fader as its optical?
Penny&Giles faders are VCA i thought that they wouldnt last that long?
How come they are so highly regarded when they aren't even no contact faders?

honestly if you have the money, go rane all the way. if you're broke, then the 707 is most likely the answer. The fader is built to last forever (non contact optical unlike the P&G.) pund for pound the 707 is probably the better choice over the denon (denon doesnt have much of a customer base from what i've read.) then again it is all up to you and your budget/style.

Back