Numark TTX Turntable Display (rotate)

Dak Reynold

This may be something obvious that I'm missing, but how or what buttons do you hit to rotate the display (normal setup/battle style).
There seems to be nothing in the manual on how to do it, only that the display can be rotated for your preferred setup.
Thanks.

This update is for fellow google searchers should they have they same question as my thread seems to be the only thing I can find for an answer (catch 22 right there).
It turns out the way to (only way) to rotate the display is to swap the pitch fader position with the 33/45/78 button position. Somehow the harness controls the direction that the display faces.
Questioned answered.

Insight:
I tried to run the 33/45/78 harness from the pitch harness area (both pitch and 33etc button area contain both harnesses) to the button area so I could keep the pitch fader in the standard place but it is to short. Perhaps dismantling it all it could be reached from underneath or just be rewired at that point. So basically if you want to use the display but keep your tables in touch with the industry standard techs you need to extend the harness or take apart the table and rewire it. This seems to be a pretty big flaw in the design.
If you chose to swap the 33etc buttons and the pitch controller it does seem you can put the pitch controller back in as you seem. Push up to increase tempo or flip it 180 and pull down to increase tempo. I set it up as pull down, so even though the fader seems to be in an unorthodox place it still mimics the movement and direction of a standard turntable.

Granted these tables have been out for a decade, besides for the issues being posted about the original TTX1's. while deciding on a newer model of table to pick up I could only find arguments of TTX vs Technics 1200 on the serato forum which seemed to always get lost in personal opinion and fanboism of technics.

Perhaps and maybe one day I will write a current review of these tables but for having/using technics for 20 years and picking up a pair of these I would definitely recommend them for other old school scratcher's looking to retire their 1200's and for all the kids asking what type of controller they should use to make "scratch" sounds. the controller is called a "turntable" and the scratch sounds are made by moving a piece of vinyl (record) underneath a needle.

Back