Numark TT1600 mkII..needle broken:(

tylawdaboss

what up my FP peeps. need some help. i gotta turntable that the needle broke when i moved recently. here it is
290822.jpg

i need to try and find a needle. any suggestions!

well i like the shure white labels myself, but they're not for everybody. they don't have a traditional design where the headshell connects to the stylus and all that (excuse my lack of knowledge on needle anatomy). it's just one piece so when the needle goes, the whole thing goes. some people don't like that but i do. they are expensive though and i think you could probly find comparable ones as far as performance for less money, the whitelabels are just kinda flashy (but their design also makes tracking easier in dark rooms). also decide whether you need needles for scratching or not. if you're not scratching your options will be greater. big up!

If you just want the needle (as opposed to a new cartridge), you should be able to pick that just about anywhere that sells Numark TTs (I'm guessing that even Radio Shack sells them - (do they still sell Needles)).....

Seriously, i wouldnt think about investing in anything like a Shure white label on a lower end turntable.... If you were spinning SL 1200s then by all means its a great cartridge...

Putting a White Label on a TT like this is like putting $5000 rims on a $500 car... a little unbalanced ;)

Back