numark dxm06 problem???

N

ninjadog

Hey guys
I just bought the dxm06 mixer and it worked fine till I turned it off. When I went to play with it again it wouldent work. It seems like it is not getting any signal for some reason, the cue leds and the tap button usually flash but they dont do anything now. And when I turn it on sometimes the bottom 3 leds on the cue will stay lit and sometimes the top 3 will stay lit, sometimes none go on. Either way it wont make a sound.
All the knobs and faders are not at zero, and it they were the cue leds would still be bumping up and down. This just sucks it worked for 2 hours and then died.
Anyway I'm bringing it back tomorow but just wanna see if anyone here has any idea what is going on?
And do you think turning the mixer off before the amp could of caused it? thats about all I can think could have happend.

you could of hit the line switch on accident. Thats if you had it plugged into the phono inputs. Some mixers give you some funny problems if you plugged them into the line. I know cause i had a few. Plug your output from you tables into the phono input and make sure that you have phono selected on your mixer.

if your running it through your pc check you pc settings and make you sure you have the right channel selected and that the volume is not at 0 or mute

check your wires make sure they didnt get loose in the back and check where ever you had them plugged into as well I.E. pc setup, small stereo, reciever.

when I first started dj-ing I used to run into the no sound issue all the time. If your feeling frustrated take a break smoke a cig or w\e and look at it again. Sometimes the problem will hit you in the face after a small break.

and if all the above is right just take it back like you mentioned but dont take it back because of user error.

Thanks for the quick response, but it's not the phono/line switch on the back or the top either. The only thing I did was turn the master down before I turned it off (and obviously turned back up when on). All the connections are good. When I crank the amp and crank the master on the mixer I can hear that little static sound so it seems like it can output alright. It just doesent want to recognize and input sounds. I do have my pc hooked up but it's going into line 2, but I cant hear that anymore either.
You think turning the mixer off with the amp on could have done it? I have done that tons with other mixers and it seems like it might hurt the speakers, but it shouldent matter to the mixer eh?

this is why you should always have 2 setups preferbably a pc setup and a stereo setup. Sometimes the pc's dont work right and thats when you go to the stereo. If the stereo works then its your pc thats the problem.

and if both arent working its your mixer.

why would you run it through an amp any way. The mixers have a pre amp on it plus your pc would amp that or your stereo would amp it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny thing about the mixer, I packed it up because I ran outa options, I checked it at least a dozen times. Before sending it back I decided to set it up again 1 more time... and the thing worked! I'm thinking threatening to take it back smartened it up.

And about my set up. I only have one deck so I use the computer as the second input playing beats. The output of the mixer goes to the amp and speakers of a home stereo. I still have yet to try to connect the record out on the mixer to the input of the sound card for recording.

But thanks again for your help.

Back