numark cd mix2?

henrycarden

hey ive just started to spin a month ago and am now interested in buying equipment. i dont really have a lot of money so buying turntables and a mixer would be too expensive. so instead i was considering buying a numark cd mix2 to practice mixing tracks and start playing at house parties and such until i can work my way up. then i was looking around here and learned about the m-audio torq xponent. recently my friend recommended that i do laptop djing since its a lot more"convenient" seeing as how i wont have to burn a lot of cds. i wouldnt mind spending a little more for the xponent if its worth it but i kinda had my mind set on the cd mix 2. so im just asking, as a beginner, what u guys would recommend: should i start off with a numark cd mix2 or should i go with the xponent? i know the question is kinda asking to compare apples with oranges so idk? how do u guys recommend i start off buying? any help will be greatyly appreciated. thanks

save your money, buy a decent mixer and turntables.. then save and buy a cd turntable... or get ableton

Please don't buy a numark "Dj in a box" setup, complete wase of money m8!

I've been djing for about 8 years now and used these cd players for party's i've done and I find them useless for mixing. They are only suitable for playing tracks. Don't get me wrong, they can be used but they are far to confusing, especially for a beginner.

And Please don't becomer a laptop dj! lol. You wont learn any skills from this. It's boring and "cheating", but that's my opinion.

The cd player you mentioned and any laptop software are suitable for disco's, not mixing.

If it's cd players your after I would recommend a set of Numark Axis 9's. Easy to use, built in effects and have large jog wheels so you get a taste of the vinyl feel.

Any 2 channel mixer will do you for mixing, I would recommend the Numark DXM06 for starting out.

Both these recommendations are reasonably priced and suitable for what your after.

DJ Super Store have some fair prices on these.

hope this helps;)

Back