new mixing strategy

this is so wrong at so many levels, I am going to have to come back and break it down for you, too much to address and not enough time (my food is on the table going cold)

turn up your speaker as loud as you can and mix from there if you speaker is already loud it will simulate it being mastered and

apart from promoting ear fatigue, this does not simulate any aspect of the mastering process: in fact all you will hear is either a very loud version of your mix (which may eliminate some issue with poor bass levels, but that is another story entirely) or a very distorted version of your mix if you begin to overdrive your speakers.

let you melody reach about -23 snare -8 kicks 10 db
mixing by numbers is nothing new, but it certainly does not provide the kind of satisfying results that painting by numbers does. The numbers you quote would effectively bury your melody in an avalanche of kick and snare

use the limiter to create a punch feel to you kicks you can get the mixing presets here

seems like this was really meant to promote a video and sales boutique approach to providing advice to neophyte mixers - desist, as you are only going to make this industry even poorer than it already is with the amount of misinformation you have presented in one thread.

Last edited:
THATS WHAT I DID AND I CAME OUT WITH THIS I GUESS U DIDNT UNDERSTAND ME U HAVE TO TURN YOUR MIX DOWN AFTER YOUR DONE FINDING THE LEVELS TO YOUR SOUNDS BUDDY

mix low then turn it up gradually as you go further into details with the mix. You can crank it up sometimes and that way you know what you need to do differently for the mix your looking for.

THATS WHAT I DID AND I CAME OUT WITH THIS I GUESS U DIDNT UNDERSTAND ME U HAVE TO TURN YOUR MIX DOWN AFTER YOUR DONE FINDING THE LEVELS TO YOUR SOUNDS BUDDY

all you are doing is showing your ignorance of the art and science of mixing - oh and no need to shout, my hearing is perfectly fine

Last edited:
Back