New dj on the scene needs help

D

Dj Mush

Hi,
i'm a new dj with virtually no idea how to dj, i am hoping to do the majority of my djing on the computer as turntables are expensive and seem extremely complicated, if anybody has some helpful advice that would help me get a start and give me an idea of what software or things for my comp i might need please give me a reply, thanks a lot fellow dj's.
peace.
-dj mush

how can u call yourself a dj when u have absolutly no idea??

for starters u can listen to a 100000 mix tapes\cd's of every dance music genre possible, then go to another 10000 club nights to listen and watch real dj's play, then get some music and start understanding it, find out about somthing called beatmixing(clue:on this site)and some music theory, and at last, get some decks and start puting out what u learned so far
no shortcuts.
been doin this for 2.5 years now and going, still have much to learn.
almost everything u r lookin for is in this site

**** the scene!!!!
do it for yourself and the love of music, not the $$$

cheers

I'm a little confused here. Mush, do you want to mix or make tunes?

got some tips for cos' i'm a beginner too:
u wanna be a vinyl DJ right?
save up till u can buy good decks (second hand or new, try getting 1200, and DON'T buy BELT-DRIVE TT!! wait till u have $$$ and buy the good stuff!) till then u can practice beat-matching on ur PC (more of a CDDJ feel then a Vinyl DJ feel but it will train ur ears), get a second sound card, an external mixer and BPM studio software (the best one IMO) and start practice till u have $$$ for the real thing

PS
DJing is not a picnic! thing really hard if this is what u want! and willing to invest a LOT of time, nerves, money AND LOVE! if it's just a phase ur wasting lot's of $$$ and time!

in response

i can help u out man, since you're starting out. i got a mint condition gemini xl100 turntable for 70 bucks. if you're interested, hit me up with an email. late

Back