need help please. buying advice.

S

soccerboy

hey everyone. im wanna get started into djing and mixing. im lookin to buy turntables and a mixer so i can learn and practise the basics of mixing, like cueing up songs, and things like that.

can any1 recommend me cheap affordable turntables and a mixer?? i dont need something that expensive right now to learn the basics.

I dont know alot about turntable and mixers but I know that numarks will get the job done. Maybe a tt200 and maybe a stanton mixer?

Stanton, Gemini, Numark, Behringer, American Dj... look into these cheapo brands to get started with and to discover if you're serious about the art/sport.

If you decide you're already serious, and you've used a buddy's gear and want to persue this, buy used higher end that isn't beat up too much and you'll be off and running.
See my post about the Audio Technica turntables, or get a higher end Vestax unless you want to plunk down the money for Technics 1200s (their resale value holds well also) and look into Vestax, Pioneer, Ecler, and Rane for mixers.
A lot of upper end gear is personal choice... if it's made in the states, EU, or Japan, you're getting good stuff. Some less than favorable gear has been coming in droves out of China though... and I tend to stay away from this if I'm paying for higher end gear. One or two drops, or a spilled drink and this stuff just seems to die sooner.

Back