Need help with cables/hook ups

So I'm new to this style of audio and very overwhelmed, i need to be able to use all 4 speakers and the 2 qsc amps and a mixer. I have no clue on how I can link the 2 amps together to play all 4 speakers on 2 channels. Can any one explain what I'll need?
2 yorkville NX35's
2 yorkville NX300's
2 QSC RMX 850's
1 yorkville elite p350/601ex
1 Carver PM-1.5A
1 gemini executioner nineteen mixer
1 gemini PDM 6012 pre amp mixer

Attachments

• 20170731_121910.jpg
    20170731_121910.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 110
  • 20170731_121835.jpg
    20170731_121835.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 105
  • 20170731_121813.jpg
    20170731_121813.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 98
  • 20170731_121714.jpg
    20170731_121714.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 100
  • 20170728_223017.jpg
    20170728_223017.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 100
You'll have to be more specific about what you want to do, rather than just lust the equipment. For instance, amps can be "bridged" to work together, or you can bi-amp (send a signal to both, and "crossover" certain frequencies so one set of speakers plays the lows and the other set plays highs/full-range), or if you just want to use your speakers, you can "daisy-chain" them so they all run the same signal full-range. And of course there is stereo and mono (stereo not generally advised for live PA use). When running multiple speakers off of one amplifier, you have to be aware of ohm ratings on amp and speakers...

So, what's the big idea?

Thanks for the reply rhythmgj, I would prefer to run the 2 15" cabinets to play the lows and the 12s to run full range ideally. I'm just trying to figure out how to get all 4 speakers and the 2 amps to play off of one audio source. Each amp only has 2 channels and 2 inputs, I dont know if I need a splitter to play both channels from my laptop on the 1 amps inputs. Can you explain the bi amp process?? All 4 speakers are 8ohm 300 watt programs I believe.

Is the computer the only source you'll have? Or are you using CD players, TT, etc.? Microphone(s)? Other instruments or sources?

Computer will be the only source of audio, to go into one mixer and 1 amp. I have 2 amps but apparently the one qsc rmx 850 I bought with my bundle doesn't work properly, channel 1 plays nothing and channel 2 is scratchy, gonna try cleaning the pots tomorrow. But im ruling that amp out of the mix for the time being.

OK, then you will eliminate that amp and the two sets of subs. Also one of the mixers (unnecessary).

If the second amp works (or you get another), you'll go source to mixer, mixer out to Elite processor in, sub out right and left into one amp, then the 15-inch speakers, while the other outputs on the Elite (mid/hi) go to the inputs on the other amplifier, then the 12-inch speakers... If all if that makes sense to you?

Update. I cleaned the pots on the amp and got both channels playing clear. Went to my local music center and got some cables and a mixer, the 2 geminis I am borrowing were rca type connectors and I figured it would be easier to get a mixer with 1/4 inch ins and outs. It is only a 2 channel mixer but I found that the control room feature will also work. Got home, plugged in all the sources and all 4 speakers started playing! Thanks for all the help rythym!

Coolio, all good. Are you using the Elite controller/crossover to get highs in one set and lows in the other?

I havent checked to see if that worked yet actually! I'm kind of up for cash after getting everything squared away yesterday. I purchased an alto mixer yesterday that really made the speakers open up a ton. I do however have a question about the inputs on this, is it safe to run the nx35's off of the control room input? And have the nx300's on the main? That's currently how everything is hooked up but I want to make sure that it is ok to run a set off of the control room feature before I really start turning stuff up.

Sure, they're just different outputs to give options for routing. "Control Room" outs are technically for monitoring, sometimes have features like PFL (pre-fader listen), and may not put out as much volume as the main outs (and also generally aren't affected by the master fader, as they have a separate volume). So you'll have to match output volumes carefully. That being said, you could use them if they suit your purpose and it sounds good to you.

But as I understand it, the Yorkville Elite is what you want to run your main outputs into to split them into main and subs outputs. That might be the better way to go...

I will certainly look into the yorkville elite and see what I'll need to integrate it into the set up. I wish the guy I dealt with at the music center was as knowledgeable as you, you make it sound easy!

Last edited:
Back