Need advice on updating equipment Maschine Push

U

unrivuld

Dear All,

Hi,

I am a scratch DJ. I am planning to update my gear. I have 2 options in my given budget:

1. Maschine Studio
2. Maschine MkII + Ableton Push

My idea is to use the above mentioned gear in the live sets and also for my production.

My questions:

1. Can maschine studio be a replacement for both the gears (in option 2)
2. Should I go for option 1 or option 2 for more fluid advantage.
3. I like 8x8 grid of push and the crazy things that can be done with both gear in sync
4. Any other option kindly guide

I've used both and there is definitely a lot of overlap between the two. I don't really see a reason why you would need both at the same time. If you are more focused on production and making beats I would give the slight edge to the maschine studio...Ableton push is a great tool for production as well but just lacks the screen and chopping samples needs to be done separately on the computer, also browsing through drum samples isn't as easy as it is on the maschine. Maschine studio can replace both of the gears in option 2 but if you are doing live sets and im assuming youre using ableton live, the push has the advantage of the session view grid and being able to launch clips and having the versatility of the 8x8 grid. If like you said you are more geared towards live sets I would go with the ableton push. I'm not sure why you would need the maschine mkii with the ableton push, personally I can't think of many reasons why you would need both at the same time, but maybe our styles just differ.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...trap-dirty-south-etc/portishead-remix-497132/

Back