My First Gig is Tomorrow AND IM PANICKING!!!!!!

D

damanja10

My first gig is tomorrow at a house party for this kid and I want it to run smoothly. The problem is i'm running out of songs to play. I need popular hip hop songs that are around 100 bpms, music that would appeal to 15 year olds. If you could suggest as many songs as you can that would help a lot. Thanks a lot!

I know can you list some songs that have come out in the last 3 years or so?

Are you lookin for clean? I don't roll with clean..

I'd play any of the 50/G unit singles, those are easy hits and usually high 90s bpm
Badd by ying yang
Golddigger (annoying but huge)
Run It ft juelz
Whistle Song

Alright? :)

I've always had trouble finding enough higher BPM danceable songs to play at parties...

Here's some more that I've had good responses to, and a rough BPM estimate of them.

This Is How We Do It - Montell Jordan 105 BPM
Off The Books - Beatnuts 101
Hip Hop Hooray - Naughty By Nature 101
Yeah! - Usher 105
Humpty Dance - Digital Underground 103
Hate It Or Love It - 50 Cent 101
Gossip Folks - Missy Elliot 121
When The Last Time - Clipse 99
I Just Wanna Love You - Jay-Z 100
2 Of Amerikas Most Wanted - Snoop and Pac 102
Ain't No Fun - Snoop 101
Da Rockwilder - Method Man/Redman 101
Party Up - DMX 102
Area Codes - Ludacris 102
Rosa Parks - Outkast 105
Saturday - Ludacris 106
Pump It Up - Joe Budden 106
Got Some Teeth - Obie Trice 106
Gimme The Light - Sean Paul 108
Rappers Delight - Sugarhill Gang 112

Those are just off the top of my head right now. And most are off of LP's, not singles.

Good Luck with your gig. Hope that list helps a little bit.

Peace!

Last edited:
even though i just read about this i would like to know how it went. and if you are just starting out dont sweat it just take it as a learning experience and continue to grow...all dj's haave gone through the not enough records phase and it made them better.

My gig kicked ass. It was unbelievable. Me and my friend at one point did a thing with "walk this way". He played the guitar line while i looped the drum break. It was kickin'. Thx for every1's help.

jay_jizle said:
I've always had trouble finding enough higher BPM danceable songs to play at parties...

Here's some more that I've had good responses to, and a rough BPM estimate of them.

This Is How We Do It - Montell Jordan 105 BPM
Off The Books - Beatnuts 101
Hip Hop Hooray - Naughty By Nature 101
Yeah! - Usher 105
Humpty Dance - Digital Underground 103
Hate It Or Love It - 50 Cent 101
Gossip Folks - Missy Elliot 121
When The Last Time - Clipse 99
I Just Wanna Love You - Jay-Z 100
2 Of Amerikas Most Wanted - Snoop and Pac 102
Ain't No Fun - Snoop 101
Da Rockwilder - Method Man/Redman 101
Party Up - DMX 102
Area Codes - Ludacris 102
Rosa Parks - Outkast 105
Saturday - Ludacris 106
Pump It Up - Joe Budden 106
Got Some Teeth - Obie Trice 106
Gimme The Light - Sean Paul 108
Rappers Delight - Sugarhill Gang 112

Those are just off the top of my head right now. And most are off of LP's, not singles.

Good Luck with your gig. Hope that list helps a little bit.

Peace!
A few of these would work, but quite a lot of them wouldn't ESPECIALLY if he's playing for a crowd of 15 year olds.

all id say is you dont have to mix every tune!! especially if your a party dj, you need a bow of instant droppers, hip hop-dead prez, make it clap-bster rhymes, wait-yin yang twins, especially with a bunch of 15 year olds, maaan!! hip hop in this respect can be dropped, ok wak a few tidy mixes in too, but play the party, working a set doesnt mean mix n blend every record, increase tempo, roll it for a couple then bang in a beauty!! you want fluctualtion, mix the grimey and then kill with summit phat and meaty!

Back