Is musiciansfriend.com legit????

soundwave113

Hi everyone,

I'm new here on the board and also a beginning dj. I am in the process of getting some technics 1200's and was interested in getting the vestac pcv 002. I found a site called musicianfriends.com and was wondering if they were legit, because I heard some other site sells refurbished products. I just wanted to make sure I am going to get a brand new mixer if I do end up ordering it from them. Hopefully someone who has dealth with this website can help me out. Thanks in advance.

theyre the online arm of guitar center. so you'd hope they are legit......

I have not ordered fromthem myself, but the places that people complain about are way shadier than Musician's Friend. HollywoodDJ and such come to mind...

Anyway, I would advise you to get a new or even used vestax 05/06 instead. The 06 can be found used (sometimes new) for around $150, and that is a far more powerful mixer than the 002.
-Peasant Nikon

hey bro, if you're in west covina, you could come up to see me at the guitar center in sherman oaks, i work there. there is a covina GC there but i can give you the futureproducers.com mad wack hookup if you come up to the store and get it from me. give me a call up there tomorrow (saturday) at 818.990.8332. i'm there tomorrow until 5pm and on monday from open till 5pm.

1) Musician's Friend is not the online version of Guitar Center; Guitar Center is the online version of Guitar Center.

2) If they've haven't changed tremendously, Musician's Friend should be fine. They've been around a long time and started in catalogue sales; I've never heard the "re-furbished" product rumor before; perhaps your friend was mistaken, because they always dealt in new gear when my brother used to order from them in the late 80's and early 90's.

GJ

Last edited:
Musicians Friend is reputable, and from time to time have the better deal if you look around. I've ordered from them a few times and never had any problems.

I've bought from Musician's Friend and also cosign that it's a reputable website. Got some killer deals on there too.

Back