Mobile DJs I need your opinions

DJ Master O

I'm a mobile DJ so you know how that goes. My setup is Pioneer DJM 900SRT with 2 CDJ 900. I bought a case for it here - Odyssey FZGSP10CDJWBL New 2 Large Format CD Media Players 10" Mixer Case | eBay
It's actually a nice case but with all of my equipment and cables inside, it weighs nearly 90 lbs and damaging my car seats.

So I'm looking for a better option, a lot more mobile friendly with a faster setup. I like the Pioneer DDJ SX. I'm looking to sell my setup and just have the MIDI controller. Now my concern is a backup. I haven't had any problems with my current setup but what you think I should do. I don't think I will have problems with the DDJ SX. I was thinking of selling just one of my CDJ 900 and the big case from the link above and keeping the mixer and the other CDJ 900. I'm also planning to buy a case for the DDJ SX.

I was about to sell all of my setup and just keep the DDJ SX but then realize what if something happens and I need a back up. Send me your thoughts.

Last edited:
+1 having the DDJ-SX as the core of a mobile rig. Last year I was upgrading gear and I ended up with the DDJ-SX and I've been using it for 1-3 gigs a week (3-4 hours each) and I really have no complaints other than a couple really insignificant nerdy things and it has never died or failed during a gig (unlike a near-death ns6 I had for a while). It never has to leave the odyssey case, and it's got pretty solid all around options for inputs/outputs. If your computer dies or the connection at any point between the computer and the hardware fails, you can always use the DDJ-SX (as well as many other all in one mixers) as a four channel hardware mixer through the RCA, 1/4 and XLR inputs, which can be independently switched between line or mic level, and independently routed L/R/C. Lemme know if you have questions,
Danarchy

I use the DDJ-SX mobile with an odyssey case, dude it's still heavy as f. But I am jealous you have CDJ's. I would personally never downgrade DDJ-SX is just the controller version of those. Coffin cases suck. I'd recommend just getting separate cases for your mixer/tables, maybe get a dolley or something. CDJ's are brilliant man, indsutry standard. DDJ-SX is top of the line for controllers though IMO

Back