Which mixer with Serato?

B

Billznik

About to buy Serato Scratch and wondering which mixer to get. I'm just starting out so I don't know if I need the best of the best but don't want something cheap either. I saw the Rane Mixer bundled with Serato for about $1400, should I go ahead and get this or would a cheaper mixer do the trick? I would like to DJ events and do mix shows on the radio.

that TTM57 is cool, will cut down on clutter, the less mess the better. it's expensive, but it's all in 1 and has knobs and buttons that are already set up and ready to use. plus it's not only built for serato, it has the interface built in, so it's a perfect match. but on the other hand you could achieve the same results with serato regular and a vestax or other decent mixer for way less. iserato and a good 2channel mixer and you still have somt for some decents.cd or TT.i rock TT's but thats caelots of wax, so it was tect option for me. hope this helps. levLove

I would say if ur after a top skratch mixer such as TTM 56 (rane), Skratchbox (rodec), Vestax (is it the 08pro now?) etc then the price difference isn't outragous is it?

I'm not exactly sure of costs at the mo though.

However you do say you're starting out so I guess a mid range skratch mixer would be better.....stanton, urei, etc. In which case seperate serato box makes more sense. Sorta depends how much dollar and determination u've got.

Peace.

you know when i first bought serato i was SERIOUSLY thinking of get the ttm57. but i dont use serato a whole lot cause i feel like im cheating on my vinyl. hahha. it was actually my lady that got serato for me for xmas last year.

i have a ttm56. im happy with it and im convinced that i will not have to buy another mixer for a long time. this thing is solid. you can find one for real cheap on ebay or craigs or something. i got mine offa ebay from this dude who used it twice and upgraded. brand new, nothing wrong with it. everything in tact.

i also have a vestax 3 channel mixer, a stanton 2kf and a vestax 05pro. all 4 of my mixers have worked fine with serato.

MAKE SURE YOU GET M447s for needles though. or some nice ortofons. but from my experience, m44s work the best with serato.

Back