Longest mix

kadooka

Cutoff productions©
whats the longest mix you have ever done or heard of someone doing? Also whats the longest u have had to tracks together for?

I'm working on a deep/prog house mix at the moment and one of the mixes is potentially around 5 mins! Problem is, it gives me less than a minute to get the next track ready, though I use CDs so I think I can do it - it will be a complete live mix CD, just a very practised one!

yea cool on the opening track of my latest mix cd i mix 2 tracks for around 5 minutes through each others big breakdowns it sounds wicked.

What Briggs said.

I spin RnB/Old school and Hip Hop, the longest mix is probably about 2mins....cause the longer i drag it out, the shorter time i have for my next tune.

that sometimes can fuk you up, thats when you call on the trusty spinback.

I think the longest mix I've done was about 4 hours. I didn't really notice how long I'd been going for until I stopped; then I felt like I'd been hit by a train (didn't help that the table I was mixing on was too low)!!! I think at the time I was mixing some hard-house & techno which made things a lot easier :)

I've no idea how long I've had tracks mixed together for but it's gotta be about 4 or 5 minutes I reckon...never used spin backs though (I think it's cos I get so pi$$ed off when MCs ask DNB DJs to re-wind the track and it kinda stuck from that).

8pm to 2 am; twice weekly. I play in a ski town though; so I tend to be all over the place. Mid tempo breaks and old r&b to start and get the adults drinking; top 40 r&b n' hip hop for an hour; club tracks til 1 and then house to ride til 2.......

played at a beach party which was under flow which carried on for like near 40 hours or so!! i was on for about 12.5 hours or so!!

but i think you were on about a single mix!! well i guess that would be for pretty much a track when you bootleg tunes, and with 3/4 dex it makes things a bit easyer to drop the next track,

the best ones are when you have 2 instrumentals to each accapella so you just switch the beat half way and when one accapella finishes you drop the next and do the same again!! in which case the continuation can go on till all your accappellas and beats have beed played!!

wouldnt like to put a time limit on that though!

Back