Live Producing?

frequentc

I'm looking to make a DJ/Live Production set.
Basically what I'm looking to do is play synth and drum machine over tracks.
I have a Numark Mixtrack Pro, Akai MPK 49, Mixer, and I'm planning to add external devices as well.
At the time, I'm using Virtual DJ (hopefully not for long) and Presonus Studio One as my DAW to organize my VST's.
But I have a problematic issue, Midi Clock synchronization and integrating my DJ and Producing software.
Because ultimately I want to be able to have a progressive build up on my set using my MPK49 Midi Controller. (For example, I want to lay down a drum beat/bassline/etc. on my DAW using my MPK and loop it in sync with my track on my DJ software)
But I can't sync up my clocks since there's no Rewire integration on VDJ, and there's no midi inputs on my Mixtrack Pro
Also, Presonus and VDJ don't seem like the best option for this type of (Ableton?) Live set, so I don't expect any solutions especially since VDJ can't use rewire, but how can I go about making this possible.
What programs SHOULD I use for this type of set, and how can I sync them up?
Or should I just get a looper and do it externally, or run my DAW's sound through VDJ and loop it there? (I'm desperate)

Last edited:
Back