Library Of Songs That Already Have Cue Points

Sirflex10

Does such a library exist? I know that cue point placement is preference based but you can't deny that there are common places in songs that cue points should be placed and if the work is already done for me that would be awesome. I'm new to DJing and I'm not aware of such a library or source but I'd love the info if one is available. Any help/advise will be greatly appreciated. :)

I've heard the newest mixed in key software has Auto cue points on all their analyzed songs but several djs have said they still prefer to set up the cue points themselves. Also Credit to this guy named dizzle who said he rarely even uses cue points as after awhile, certain genres have the same song structure so he already has an idea of where to mix in.

I understand that you are new. I have been a deejay for over 30 years. One of the most basic skills you have to develop is to listen to your music. Listen to your songs and set your own cue points. Know your music. Don't microwave your deejay skills. Slow cook them. A microwave, although it heats up your food fast, destroys the key nutrients the body needs. You get empty food. An oven on the other hand cooks the food and leave the nutrients in so the body gets what it needs. I hope the analogy fits. Learn the proper way, it will separate you from the rest in the long run. Peace be with you.............Rob Mixx

I'm not familiar with a strict web page that provides songs with cue points. You create your own cue points as stated above. Digital DJ Pool sometimes has cue points set for a few records, but you won't know until you download them and add to your software. Personally I delete all those preset cues because most times they aren't where I want them to be or they are completely off.

Don't be lazy. Learn how to set your own cues.

Back