Installed SFDZ122N11-3 pitch fader in 1200MKII and green quartz lock bulb won't light

H

H.S

I just recently replaced the failing pitch fader in my 1200MKII with a SFDZ122N11-3 (clickless) pitch fader. Now when I put the fader at dead center (0%) the green L.E.D. doesn't light. What did I do wrong? Did I not solder something back correctly? Did a wire get pulled lose? (The only modification that I did was disconnect the orange wire off of the pitch fader PCB -- this does not disable the green L.E.D. though!)

What I want to do is have the green L.E.D. be on at all times when the turntable is on, no matter what percentage the pitch is at. How can I go about keeping it on all the time?

you did nothing wrong - except for using a fader that was not designed for the original MK2. i found this problem out a couple of years ago when i was upgrading a friends decks with new faders, blue lights, etc... my plan was to use M3D faders for all replacement work from then on out. the fader itself is different between the MK2 and the M3D/MK5. now i always use new MK2 faders that i open up and pull the ball bearing out of. since i had just installed the blue LED upgrade, my friend wanted the light to be on all the time as opposed to being off all the time. if i remember correctly, i had to put a little bridge in beween a wire from the fader and a wire to the LED. i would have to sit down and think about it for a while. if you can't figure out where to bridge, let me know and i will try to help you. - jeff h

Back