im having trouble with beat juggling

dincredable

Yo! im having alot of problems learning how to beat juggle properly. I can backspin pretty good but sometimes my neddle skipps even though i screwed it on tight. I need advice on how to learn to flip **** crazy like, so i can win some battles.

dont back spin like a flippin rewind, or a typical house spin back!!!

you gotta learn to rotate/ draw back or flick it back lightly, (no this is not masterbation techniques!!)

put markers on your records!! this is a visual aid, i usually use the spine lables off cassete packs, just a thin strip from the center on the record to the outside of the lable is probably best to start with!! use a point on the deck to make sure both copys of a record are marked exactly the same!!

if the records are loose (even slightly) put a but of sticker backing in the hole, this helps provent skipping!!

first just practice beat juggleing a bar!! if that too easy for you half bar!! get it so its clean almost every time!! this will just get you used to hadleing the records with both hands,

after a day of this, just get faster with the simple reputition of dropping the tune in quick succession!!

if you are used to playin and handleing the records it shouldnt take you long atall to master the very basics,

then work on dropping a beat and with the other drop the snair on the second snair of the first record! this will get you used to the general rotation of the record, so you can easily judge where the kicks and snairs will lie!

slowing the record at usually 1/4 bar intervals will slow the pace of the drum paturn, and in some cases make it easyer to work out some of the more difficault juggles, and even though you wont know it!! it will emprove your record handleing no end!! stop/start it to half tempo of the origianal beat, drop the secong exactly the same, easy!!

get a funk master flex tape,

my old fav oldskool selections!!

this will give you some general ideas to play around with!! he only does the basic stuff, but efficiently and cleanly! to be honest, you should be able to get up to a simular approach to the juggleing side of it in a matter of months!! it really isnt that hard!! its the putting together the set thats hard!!

too much pressure and the records will probably skip!! wear them in by playing then a few times,

dont over handle them, but dont under handle them!! if they stick/ grip the platter, they are probably not good vinyl to use!!if they are slightly warped the other way!! (press down on one side, if the other rises!!) again, dont bother with them to begin with, all you will do it catapult your needles all over!

there are techniques which make juggleing easyer!! like manipulating the record closer to the middle/on the lable, instead of keeping a finger on the outside/middle!!

finger skipping!! lightly drawing the record back, with a slight flickin motion, just to get say, a whole rotation in about 2 flicks!! but this should be done in a calm manner, watch a vidio of some juggleing and get hints of record handleing!!

as timeing gets better, dropping on off beats, cutting of different parts and making a beat speed up to double time will become second nature,

but get the basics first!!

a pro will know where to draw the line!!

you gotta learn to rotate/ draw back or flick it back lightly, (no this is not masterbation techniques!!)

thats hilarious man...haha and thanks for the post i been having probs learning how to juggle myself

sound!! no problems,

im always showing people how to do stuff, the only hard thing is to get it to make sence on here!!

i just hope what im writing is usfull in practice!!

thanks to everyone that gave me some help. Im about to start practicing. Remember the name D-Incredable i will be world champion smoe day i promise that.

lol bit of a hard promise to keep see ya in 10 years!

but yeah beat juggling is dam hard :o

beat juggleing is all about timing!! work the rythm, almost dance the beat you want with your hands!

just keep up the practice, work more on the technique of getting the recod back to the dropping point a 1/4 bar befor you need to drop it!! this will give you a good ground to work on the faster stuff!!

and work both arms just as hard, even work your weaker arm first with scratching techniques, without some kind of ambidextuity you will fail at this befor youve started, as its more about the drop than the pull back, if you cant drop with both hands, you might as well give up!!

Be light with your hands...beat juggling is all about drum patterns...once you get those basic patterns down...the same applies to MOST records.

Back