Ignorant but, what is the cheapest solution to use serato with existing equipment?

Chuman

I have 2 turntables and a mixer and a laptop, and i want to the ability to scratch digital samples, what do I need. I know it may sound like a stupid question but i am completely ignorant it this aspect, so be cool.
here is a little practice I did a few months ago, just started practicing again not too long ago so this old man is rusty, totally botched the end:(
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFpIzeZyItt/?taken-by=allen9639

Fore the set up you have you're going to need the following:

1) DJ software (Serato, Traktor, Virtual DJ, etc.).
2) Hardware to support DVS (Digital Vinyl System). Search "(Your Software) DVS" on google and you'll see what you have to go for.

DVS lets you play these special records that are time coded with your software, and run that audio to this little interact which connects to your laptop through USB, and it'll control your digital music as if it were analog and you were really playing them on your turntables. Depending on how many decks you plan to dj with the DVS could range you anywhere from $250-$400. Sometimes you can find some on craigslist, amazon, or eBay used for a decent price.

BTW, nowadays there are also controllers that have DVS support, allowing you to add two extra decks (being your turntables) to the controller, allowing you to control four decks. These controllers are more expensive because they have DVS built into them.

Hope that helps man. Follow me on soundcloud!

Back