I wanna mix ova tha net.....HELP ME!!!

K

karadoxx

When i listen to Web Radio (shoutcast etc.) i here the broadcasters mixing their tracks
I WANNA DO THAT!!!!!
can someone please help me because i really want to mix for people over the net instead of just playing one track at a time
if MJ Studio can do this tell me because i really luv the programe
thanx

Shoutcast is part of Winamp. There is a PLUGIN and a SERVER. You'll find all the info here: http://www.shoutcast.com/support/docs

I don't think you can "mix realtime" while you broadcast. You probably want to simply broadcast a long audio file which would be a recording of your mixs.

Good luck

If I recall, the last version of shoutcast can record directly from a line input (or even from a selected recording device in windows Volume Control > Options > Properties > Recording).
So for example, like we do sometimes on #dj (IRC channel on the Undernet servers, join us for some fun), hook up your mixer on the line in from your soundcard, select the line in as recording devince in your Sound Control and start mixing!

We are thinking about creating a online mixing/battle contest on our channel, more info at http://www.undernetdj.com

yep! I have to check it out. Thy you are talking about the Shoutcast server right? not the winamp plug?

No no, the plugin. I think this feature was active since version 1.5.0b2.
If you look at the Shoutcast plugin config (through winamp properties > plugins > DSP...) you should have a choice between microphone input or line input.
Normally if you look in Winamp properties > Plugins > Input, there should be a special DLL referring to something called Shoutcast Line recorder input or something like that.
If you need more info, just ask...

Peace
Dj Thy

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
ohhh...

IMPORTANT REVELATION (karradox, READ) :)
... so if you choose "line input" on the plugin and simply plug your "real" mixer out to the line input of the PC soundcard, karradox, you CAN mix live and broadcast it WOW :)

You're happy now :) ?

Back