I need some new headphones

vandamme

A was going to get some more senhiesser hd25's for mixing as they're great.

But when I jam on the guitar at home, I like to play through my soundcard into logic, using a logic channel as my amp and in another channel I drop in the jam track and listen to everything in my headphones.

Are the senhiessers the best for this and mixing, or is there something better suited to my needs out there?

I would just use what you already have there is nothing to be gained from having a second set of cans except perhaps the ability to do mix references across different sets

they will almost certainly have different frequency response and therefore colour the perception of the mix accordingly

if you are after something cheap then perhaps akg k44 perceptions

Yes these are great headphones

I use the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x's, added an x that signified the introduction of a replaceable/ detatchable chord. It's my second pair, they work great for me. In choosing a headphone, from personal experience, I know it took a couple of different sets before I found a pair that suited my needs, which in my case was to use headphones that didn't embelish the sound as to stray to far away from my monitors. The beyerdynamics also get a lot of positive feedback.
I am a Phern B Leeva :4theloveofgod:in playing a mix on multiple devices, but you'll never create a mix that will shine on EVERY audio device, in EVERY audio format, at EVERY corner of the globe, try using mixes from other recording artists you respect as a further reference.

So are you looking for studio headphones? Basically to mix what you record in your headphones?

I'm a producer and I know some producers use this for mixing.

Sorry yeah I should have been clearer, when I say mixing I meant on turntables, mostly oldskool jungle and DnB, but I do want to use the same pair of headphones (if possible) at home when I jam on the guitar and record guitar parts, which are almost always blues or rock riffs.

I don't actually 'make' tunes in logic that need mastering, just straight record what I play in.

Back