I learnt how to DJ with virtual DJ . Can DJ with cdjs ?

Not an expert but I think it depends on where you're playing and what kind of setup they have.
If you go to fabric I think it would be frowned upon if you ignore their huge racks of equipment and pull out your laptop instead.

If you're DJing at a wedding then they'll probably thank you for not making too much mess

can

Not an expert but I think it depends on where you're playing and what kind of setup they have.
If you go to fabric I think it would be frowned upon if you ignore their huge racks of equipment and pull out your laptop instead.

If you're DJing at a wedding then they'll probably thank you for not making too much mess

Can I use cdjs with day practise ?

As long as you can beatmatch without using sync and mix without a waveform (unless you're using CDJ2000s or XDJs, then you will have a waveform), you'll be fine.

I found a good way to practice for the transition from controller to CDJs was to turn off sync and cover up or turn off the computer screen while mixing.

Watch some beatmatching videos on youtube and you good to go! ;) I think it is important to know how to beatmatch (in emergency situation), but if you have sync function I don't know why not to use it. DJing is not about beatmatching, but playing right tunes for right people.

Back