Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am a producer. How do i start my DJ Career?

Thanks

I am a producer. How do i start my DJ Career?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hello Future Producers. this is Reezy from India. I make House music and recently got signed to a bigger label and going to release my debut single on this 18th. I have very less number of followers on social media and also very less gears to develope my production quality so i want to earn both fans and money to give a serious kickstart to my career. so i am thinking about joiniing a DJ academy. is it a good way to start dj career or theres other better alternate way that you pro's know? please provide some ideas over here i badly need them.

Thanking you!
    Reezy.

Thanks
    Its all about connections. I would start getting your name out there from DJ'ing, while also throwing out free music creating a core fan base

Thanks
    Yea, like said, connections matters. That's a good suggestion.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Reezy View Post
    Hello Future Producers. this is Reezy from India. I make House music and recently got signed to a bigger label and going to release my debut single on this 18th. I have very less number of followers on social media and also very less gears to develope my production quality so i want to earn both fans and money to give a serious kickstart to my career. so i am thinking about joiniing a DJ academy. is it a good way to start dj career or theres other better alternate way that you pro's know? please provide some ideas over here i badly need them.

Thanking you!
    Reezy.
    Well since you may need to expedite your DJ experience if you have a single dropping soon, a class would be your best bet. Otherwise just practicing and messing around with equipment on your own is the best way to learn how to DJ in my opinion. I started messing with a numark mixdeck and serato about 4 yrs ago and gradually worked my way up to traktor and a kontrol S8. That was all from me just practicing and learning how to beat match on my own.

Thanks
    Get a mix recorded and sent out to local promoters, offer to do free gigs to start off with and get a foot in the door

Thanks

hum

Good question

Thanks
    Don't be pressured by purist DJs. Use whatever tool that's easily accessible and affordable for your performance
    808 Bender Ableton Instrument Rack: https://sellfy.com/p/p7dq/
    VVS1 Trap Drumkit: https://sellfy.com/p/K4tr/

Thanks
    And what about non-dance mixes? Any opportunities? sory a bit off-topic. I sometimes like to make offline mixes (just rendering them to big file), are they of any use, because one day I will want to share them with the world

Thanks
    Like said, it's all about connections, and how well you use it.

Thanks
    just try sending your mixes to small clubs. at first they will put you at a 9 to 10 o clock schedule in a small room at the back of the club but you'll have to work your way up there!
    Tutorial and Music Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkA...mYnAnCkUghZBHA
    Also check out BRHSM on Facebook,Twitter and Soundcloud!

Thread Information