humming

Chuman

I have a vestax 06 that connects to a regular stereo receiver. I had the mixer going to a computer first then to the receiver, but have since plugged mixer straight to receiver. One day I left everything on for a few hours and when I got back, there was this incredible hum, that will not go away. Everything that I have done leads back to the mixer creating the hum. I unplugged the red input of the audio cable that goes from mixer to receiver and the hum quieted, but only one speaker works. The receiver seems fine, any other source sounds normal, just the mixer. Did I Screw my mixer up? It is about 6 years old at least.

It looks like there's a grounding post on the back of the Vestax. Do you have a grounding wire connected? To what? If so, does that reduce the hum?

GJ

checked all the grounds even bought a ground loop isolator. Thinking maybe the power supply is bad.

update: found my old PMC 05 power supply and when I used it on the 06 the humming went away immediately. Only took 9 months to figure that out.

Back