How to remove glue off a record

palahniuk

How can I? I've heard that you can take it off with rubbing alcohol but doesn't sound too convincing. The record is unplayable where the glue dripped. Please help!

Thanks.

Uh, anybody?

Sorry, had to bump the thread for an, um, undisclosed reason.

What kind of glue are we talking? I have another thread I'm watching where I asked about cleaning a record with alcohol; still no answer.

Isn't that the translucent gooey stuff that comes in a tube with a roller on the end? Hahhah, haven't seen that since like... Middle school! Awesome... :)

But yeah, I'd like an answer too...

i would use alcohol. my guess is any epoxy remover would melt the vinyl as well.

alcohol is used in most record cleaning solutions so i wouldnt worry, but its usually diluted, not sure what a high concentration will do to it.

lighter fluid should be safe. i've never used it - too scared, but i've heard of many people that swear by it as a standard cleaner. if the glue is water soluble, i would of course try distilled water. i found an extrememly rare track on ebay and when it arrived it had candle wax dripped on it. i was able to get it off with water just warm enough to melt the wax. - jeff h

howd ya get glue on a record?
doin a lil arts & crafts on top of your mixer?! LOL

n

palahniuk said:
How can I? I've heard that you can take it off with rubbing alcohol but doesn't sound too convincing. The record is unplayable where the glue dripped. Please help!

Thanks.

DW433_1.jpg

Back