How to record onto your computer with your cuts?

jermz

Hey guys, new to the game but excited to keep learning!

TL;DR -> How do I record my scratch session with my cuts on my crossfader onto my computer?

I'm looking for a way to record everything with my cuts without having to use a mic recording from my speakers.

One thing I have not seen in any tutorial I've found about recording your vinyl onto your computer, is how to successfully record your cuts while scratching!

ie. it doesn't record what you do with your crossfader, only what is going on with your vinyl.

Now to be absolutely clear, I'm using the PT01 Scratch and still using the default switch. Although, I don't see that working that much differently than a crossFader other than volume control so that shouldn't be the issue.

Plus, I've still yet to see a "record vinyl to computer" tutorial that shows an example of the fader working as intended.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all.

@Jermz, I have not used the PT01, but I use Traktor Scratch and I can record my performances using scratch or regular vinyl. You may need to run your PT01 through an audio interface, then to your computer or laptop.

Back