How is this done?

E

endoraver

I am using Traktor DJ now quite frequently and love it however I want to do something else, and this program can not help me. There are a lot of mix CDs out there that are HEAVILY sequenced and arranged, very often some tracks are re-mixed. We sometimes refer to these mixes as "Pro-Tooled" mixes. This is what I want to do, but i dont use PT, i use Cubase SX for my sequencing. What i want to do is have a graphic representation of my tracks in their native tempo's and then pick one tempo in my project and get all the tracks to that speed, then cut them up, arrange them, visually beatmatch them, etc.

Which program do you use for this?

get acid pro 4, it has a beat mapping facility, but sometimes you do need to play about with it, cos it doesnt nessesarily automatically work it out correctly!!
you can actually do it in cubase, but you have to play around with the perameters and time strech it!!

if you wanted to do remixes of tunes! fruity loops 5 has a good facility calle the fruity slicer whereby you cut our say a bar of a track which you wish to resample in say wavelab, drop it in and it will cut it to the tempo which you are working at!

ive been using flstudio for years, people diss it cos of the sound packs you get, they are sht, but import your own and you will find that it is actually one of the most powerfull music packages around! and you can use all vst plugins!

Back