Hosting Party as a DJ?

Kevin Lazer

Hey Future Producers/DJs. I am trying to figure out how to host a party. I live in an average-sized town (15k pop.) that doesn't really have a music scene (at least for EDM). Since there is no music scene I wanted to start throwing some parties that I can host and DJ at with some other local DJs (If I can find any). I am determined to do this, but I need some advice on how I can start this all off? I won't be able to hold house parties because I live in a neighborhood. I was wondering if there is some way I can rent a local spot like every Friday night or so and just invite people out to have a good time at these parties. And also, how hard would it be to host and party and DJ at it too? Thanks for helping me out!

You could try Airbnb look for a place to rent and charge like 5 dollars per person and thats cool im trying to do the same exact thing where do you live btw like country?

At a minimum you'll need to rent a sound system, rent a venue, design flyers and have someone on door duty and security. The best way to do it is get a few friends together to handle promoting and working the event. I would look for a venue that will rent to you on a single occasion basis to start so you don't end up owing them money for a venue that you can't fill. Often times you can approach building owners who are trying to rent or sell a space and see if they'll rent to you to offset the cost of the unused venue.

Back