Hey there, need some help!

S

SuperZERO

Hey, i could use some help...

Hey, i was just getting started at the whole "DJ" thing. It looks really cool and I'd like to give it a shot- does anyone have any recommendations on brands or styles? Hit me back.
Later

[Edited by superzero on 09-26-2000 at 09:55 AM]

Uhm...

I REALLY dont know much about it either, but I'm sure I could help you out...if you will let me...

Re: Uhm...

That's the spirit.
You know. The main thing is doing something you like. Othervise the "vibe" will dissapear if you know what I mean.
But: Trance and House music is the easiest to mix (expecially Trance) since the beat are mainly a repetitious 4/4. This makes tempo-adjustments easyer.
I can only speak for myself and my sorroundings when I say that Trancemusic is getting more and more popular.

In europe (GERMANY! I want to live in GERMANY!) some clubbing has gone Psychedelic / Goa, wich is music from a very hard part of the Trance scene. This is the new true way of really raving.

I still think that general Trance is the coolest and most trance-clubbing is also centered around this, but if you want to be big in the future:
Goa Trance / Psychedelic Trance.
My 2 cents.

Ok, thanks for the advice...

Now as far as turntable brands and other such equipment... any helpful suggestions there? Hit me back.
later

Monacor? I thought Monacor was really low-end stuff (from the speakers experience)

You don't want to buy their speakers, but they use the same parts in their turntables as Technichs. And I've tried one of them, not bad at all.
Only one tiny problem : 1/8 round brakes. But then this wasn't their best turntable.
I'm not saying it is as good as technichs, but in that pricearea, it's quite good.

Their DjMixers are also Really (!) cool compared to the prizes.

Back