HELP!! PLEASE (ttx-1s)

celtic_bhoy

Numark ttx issues

I recently bought a pair of numark ttx1s off the internet (second hand), and everything was fine for about a month. After that, every now and then, during scratching or mixing, one of the turntables would just stop, and even if i pressed start again, it would just remain still. If i turned it off and gave it about 10mins, when i turned it on and pressed start it was ok. Half a month on, and no matter what i do, the turntable just will not move. It turns on ok, and the lcd screen picks up the platter on the electromagnet (it turns on the lcd screen if i move it), but the goddamn platter wont move no matter what. Has anyone had this problem with their ttx's before, or similar problems on any other decks? Any help would be MUCH appreciated because i have a gig coming up, and minus a turntable, i think ill probably find it very difficult. Cheers

PS. i read other peoples posts about problems with the ttx's lcd screen flashing as if the platter has been removed. Mine doesnt do this, so i guess the problem may be something more to do with the motor than the magnet, as its being picked up and is displayed as i turn it by hand.

Last edited:
TTX motor issues?

After reading through previous threads i saw that numark brought out a motor upgrade for the ttx's. Does anyone think that getting the new motor would fix my problem, or not make a difference. I would of thought that as theres no movement, but the magnets picking the platter up, i would of thought it was a motor problem!?
Does anyone know where i can get this upgrade, and if so, how much it costs :S
Cheers

Last edited:
On Asisphonics (before it closed) there was a guy that repaired his own ttx problem (apparently it's common). I don't know if this is the same issue, but look around. All he did was order a 10 cent piece and replace it with the old one. Anyone have the saved info from that site? (pictures, replacement piece and instructions) Thanks from me too.

EDIT: Oh Nevermind, I don't think this is your problem.

Last edited:
I emailed numark, and a couple of days later they replied, and basically said take it in for a service, and because im not under warranty, i think my best bet is to just take it somewhere to see if they can fix it, i dont know anything about how the ttx works, so looks like this is the only thing i can do to be honest, and see what they can do.

Back