Help: Mixing & Streaming software ????

G

guiz

Hi,

I tried virtually all Dj application for mixing MP3 (DJ master, Pcdj, BPM Studio...etc

But I am desperately looking for a software that would allow me to output the audio on speakers AS WELL AS streaming/serving in high-quality my mixes. It can be an add-on to some other existing software.

D-LUSION (PcDj) has a new application BUT you can only stream 22Khz !!!

Anyone with any recommendations would help me a lot. THANK YOU ALL !!!!

Note: please reply to my email if you can
gtourneur@yahoo.com

mmhh.. did you try to use Shoutcast server in tandem with Winamp? I think winamp can be your broadcasting device, through the shoutcast server. It means that you could use any software to produce /mix whatever you want.

However, the net is the net (a slow big thing), and 22Khz (64Bps MP3 I assume) is not a bad quality and seems big to stream, unless you are on a very fast connection. In order to reach most people's connection, you might want to broadcast everything at 32 or 64 Kbps mp3, and try mono and stereo to seethe results.

Let everyone know how it goes, post any URL for our visitors to try it.

Take care

Hi,

thanks for your help and prompt answer !
I really appreciate.
But, you mention:
"It means that you could use any software to produce /mix whatever you want."
If I am using BPM Studio or PCDJ or..how can I also use winamp at the same time?

I apologize but i forgot to mention that I would like to DJ in a party (physically) as well as serve/broadcast my mix in realtime
to who ever want to listen...

Thanks again for your great help !

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ManoOne:
mmhh.. did you try to use Shoutcast server in tandem with Winamp? I think winamp can be your broadcasting device, through the shoutcast server. It means that you could use any software to produce /mix whatever you want.

However, the net is the net (a slow big thing), and 22Khz (64Bps MP3 I assume) is not a bad quality and seems big to stream, unless you are on a very fast connection. In order to reach most people's connection, you might want to broadcast everything at 32 or 64 Kbps mp3, and try mono and stereo to seethe results.

Let everyone know how it goes, post any URL for our visitors to try it.

Take care
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, I've just heard somewhere there's a new plugin for Winamp called "Crossfader" or sth like that. It opens up two sessions of Winamp and let's you mix the songs of each session into the other one.
Never tried it though.

I have to look up the URL, I'll post it as soon as I've found it.

Ok, should be : http://www.winamp.com/customize/detail.jhtml?componentId=3270

Peace
Dj Thy

[This message has been edited by Dj Thy (edited 08-07-2000).]

DJ Thy,Guiz wants to mix physically on real turntables etc..

What you (guiz) have to do is connect the LINE OUT of the mixer in the LINE IN of the PC soundcard, route the signal to Winamp shoutcast plugin (you'll have to learn how to use all this), and broadcast the real mixthrough the net realtime.

Hope this help.

I thought about it but did not know if it was possible.

Anyhow, thanks ALL OF YOU for all your help.
This is what I call a REAL forum with pasionate and profesional people.

Peace,...

You're welcome Guiz! :)

There will be a lot of articles featured soon. In fact, every monday, there will be a review/article to anything that's out (music equipment and software). It is going to be cool.

Hope you guys will appreciate and read all of them!

Take care.
And Guiz: bring all your friends over here for more discussions ;)

sup, my favorite for mixin' it up with is MJ studio you can get it a download.cnet.com search for mp3s, then search for mp3 dj an' you shuold find it pretty quick

Back