HELP

A

AlandriA

HA HA I'LL MAKE SURE NO ONES AROUND THANX THAT HELPS IM WANTING TO SPIN TRANCE..AND SPEED GARAGE SOMETHING IN THAT AREA MABEY A LITTLE JUNGLE I DUNNO I WANT TO GIVE IT ALL A TRY
BUT THANK YOU

what up yo... im from vegas our scene is pretty well put togeher we have out main DJ's yada yada i want to start to spin veinayl (sp?) im not sure what tables to buy or anything i am but a 3 year old in a cande store for the first time and can't decide what to get also words on mixers

ok ... first things first....
if your just starting out then i would suppose you aren't ready to drop a huge wad of cash to learn something you might realize is a little harder than it seems at first. so here is a list of things i would suggest would be the best to start of with...
1. gemini dd50 turntables (or simular)
--- there are great starting tables and you'll learn more about varing pitch control and therefore have better beatmatching skills when you move to technics or simular..
2. any small 2 or 3 channel mixer...
--- gemini makes a great mixer for a small price (the 626) but there are a few others out there..
3. and try bargin hunting for a good varity of vinyl, because from what i have learned you will most likely end up spinning something different that thought you would when your first idea of being a dj emerged.
4. stop by publix or other supermarket at about 3am and grab a couple of milk crates to store you vinyl in until you find the right case to store them in. (ps... make sure nobody is around when you "borrow" these crates from publix...)

all of this together sould get you started for about $200-$400 (us)... and if you need anymore advice please feel free to post....

l8trz,
dj rava - cwcc studios
orlando. florida

[This message has been edited by rava (edited 07-26-2000).]

Hmmm, do you think the vibrations would be decreased when you keep the milk cartons in that milk crate you "borrowed" and put your TT on top of it? ;)

Peace
Dj Thy

Well, actually the idea is not so foolish.

I've heard from someone who made his own flightcase for his SL1200's, that he screwed the feet off, put a half tennisball in each corner of the case, and then put his TT on those tennisballs. The tennisballs act as suspension. He said that he hadn't very much vibrations anymore.

So, just hope the milk stays in the cartons then ;)

Peace
Dj Thy

Back